Jobs offer: Backend Developer (Python)
<bells&whistles>E-180 is hiring!</bells&whistles>
We are actively looking for a Backend Developer (Python). Start date: as soon as possible.
Who we are
Our mission : Turn events, cities and spaces into peer-learning hubs, in which one and all may grow by sharing knowledge with each other, one-on-one and in person, through what we call Brain dates. Thanks to its unique take on event networking, E-180 has been shortlisted in the Event Tech Awards 2015 in the following categories : Best Partnership of tech and Event and Best use of technology for Engagement & Interaction and appeared on BizBash 2015 list of Most Innovative People in the Event Industry.
What it’s like to work at E-180
Working at E-180 means pushing yourself to make a significant contribution to the global collaborative learning movement. It means being part of a tightly-knit ecosystem of inspiring and innovating partners, and working on projects in Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Qatar and Gabon. It means working hard, and taking the time to enjoy the sunset with the team on the rooftop terrace above our Montreal offices. It means creating technological products that redefine the way humans learn from each other. It means being pushed by rigour and desire to excel, while being given space to learn and grow. And it’s really, really fun.
What we are looking for
You are curious and vivacious. You pride yourself on the quality of your work. You are rigorous and resourceful. You are passionate about new technologies and like to be in the know. You are destined for great things, and you are interested in collaborative education and the sharing economy.
What your job will be
We are looking for an API developer (Python/Django) with a particular kinship for web development, PostgreSQL and RESTful interfaces. System administrations skills are more than welcome.Within the E-180 team, this wonderful person would:
- As the team’s dedicated technical contact, be responsible for application development and third party application maintenance.
- Contribute to API maintenance (bug correction, optimizations, unit testing)
- Ensure technological watch in relevant fields.
- Participate in technical needs analysis and in drafting specifications.
What is required to get the job done
- We’re looking for somebody who eats the following for breakfast:
- Python (or, at least, a bit of Django)
- Elasticsearch (as well as the ELK stack)
- Information systems security
- Version management tools (Git)
- Further impress us with your knowledge of:
- Networks (IP protocols and related communication systems) and communication systems (messaging, Internet gateways, web servers);
- Linux operating systems;
- Admin tools (log-file management, Nagios, Scom, …);
- Database administration;
- Amazon web services tools
- Team management tools (JIRA)
- Front-end or mobile (iOS) development
- The people we like to work with also tend to have the following skills:
- Autonomy, rigor, organization
- Ability to work in a stimulating, intense agile environment, as part of a passionate team
- Resourcefulness and the ability to make miracles happen every day
- Positive attitude and strong interest for technological innovation
- Interest for collaborative education and other such ideas that might just change the world.
What you will also likely want to know
- Full time / 37.5 hours a week
- Competitive salary, with opportunities for shared ownership of E-180, Inc.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Offices located in the Mile-End, just two floors below the most breathtaking roof terrace in Montreal
- Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
To apply, send your CV and letter of intent to Andrey Ivanov, Project Manager at E-180, by fax at 1-800-JUSTKIDDING. By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.