Launch your social enterprise with E-180’s CEO
You have a clear answer for a social need and you want to start-up your own business? You feel you are a social entrepreneur, but you don’t know where to begin?
The Institut du Nouveau Monde (INM),in partnership with the Centre de formation professionnelle des Riverains, is launching its « Business Start-Up » Program specifically adapted to the needs of social entrepreneurs. The subscription period for the third cohort is now open. * The program is given in French *
A Specialised Training
- Given by Christine Renaud, co-founder of the social enterprise E-180 and M.Ed from Harvard Graduate School of Education, the pedagogy will definitely be participatory;
- Facilitated by Olivier Lenoir, À go, on change le monde! program coordinator, numerous meetings with real social entrepreneurs are planned to amplify the transfer of knowledge;
- A personnalised follow-up by experienced mentors, who are active entrepreneurs;
- Content will entirely cover the program « business start-up », while being fully adapted to the specific needs of social entrepreneurs;
- Access to the first online pedagogical tool specially designed for social entrepreneurs, in partnership with Imagination for people.
Duration of program, schedule and method
- 330 hours of training in Downtown Montreal;
- Program for a group of 12 to 15 entrepreneurs, from january 24th to april 25th 2014;
- Costs of 200$;
- Diploma: attestation of vocational specialization (attestation de spécialisation professionnelle/ASP) granted by ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport du Québec.
- Must be or desire to become a social entrepreneur (INM’s definition in French)
- At the stage of pre-start, ideation or market research;
- Interested by innovative and alternative pedagogies;
- Proactive, autonomous and strong sense of values.
By the end of the training, participants will have :
- A project aiming at social change, which was reflected upon, has been challenged to reality on the field and has come to maturation;
- A business plan to present to potential investors or partners;
- Knowledge on market study, marketing, social media, finances, communication, human resources, governance and social impact evaluation;
- A desire to change the world and a network to support them doing so.