The Canada Media Fund grants E-180 $110,000 for a new project!
Imagine yourself at the Museum of Civilisation in Quebec City for the exhibition A history of Video Games. All the people around you are as curious as you you are about gamers or professional video game players.You’re a teacher and are always on the lookout for new challenges and you ask yourself: “I wonder if teaching skills could be useful in the video game industry?”
You take out your phone, enter your question in La Trame, an application powered by E-180. A few minutes later, you find yourself at the museum’s E-180 meeting point and meet Phillipe, a video game designer. He quickly explains the process of creating a game and answers your questions. Voila! The museum has turned interactive.
This is the project E-180 is launching thanks to the $109, 560 in development funding obtained by the Canada Media Fund who we would like to thank for its confidence in us. The E-180 team also wishes to thank the following wonderful people who have been extremely generous with their time and expertise, allowing us to better understand the reality of cultural institutions:
- Sylvain Carle, Developer Advocate, Twitter
- Ana-Laura Baz, Project Manager specializing in digital approaches, Museum of Civilisation
- Valérie Guillemain, Liason Officer and Project Manager, Ministry of Culture and Communication
- Annick Deblois, Education Specialist at Teacher’s Center, Virtual Museum of Canada
- Natalie Chapdelaine, Project Manager Arts-Business, Montreal Arts Council
- Christian Poirier, Researcher and Holder of the Chaire Fernand-Dumont sur la Culture, National Institute of Scientific Research
WhereCloud – creator of many mobile applications for the National Film Board, the Yellow Pages and Lolë, will be our mobile development partner for this beautiful adventure.
Stay tuned to our blog we’ll be detailing our progress throughout the project and we will invite you to test the beast in front of the whole world in May!
Want to meet people to learn new things? Sign-up on E-180 and share your knowledge in person!